Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What I want for the 2013 season.

As we sit and open presents and share Christmas cheer with our loved ones, I can't help but think of some wishes for the beloved CF97. Well here are just a few of my wishes:

1. To have our cup back. We need to get the Open Cup back home in Chicago. We found out last year that no matter the opponent we have to take it seriously. I will never forget the words of my dad "No matter who you are playing and no matter the tournament you always put the best team on the field that you can".

2. The next thing on my list is that the Fire finally acquiring the CAM and proven goal scorer that this team needs. We may have the goal scorer position already filled if we keep Rolfe playing up top with Macdonald. In order to do that we need a proper CAM that can take over and create those chances so we can let Rolfe and Macdonald do their thing.

3. The final thing on my list is that the Fire set their sights higher. In 2012 Frank and company said their goal was to make the playoffs. Now that that goal has been achieved maybe they can have set their sights on the top of the league and the MLS cup. I hope they do this because I for one am tired of mediocrity. Mid-table is not good enough for a team that set a standard by winning the double in their first year. It's about time that we get back to that standard and accept nothing less.

Well that's it, I hope all of you have a great holidays and hope that there will be great things for us fans and the club in 2013. Look for more from me here and also at Hot Time in Old Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment