Thursday, November 8, 2012

The German is Back for Another Season

So I know I'm a day late but the Fire have re-signed Arne Freidrich. You can read the press release here and some comments here. Now that the back line will beback together for another season the Fire can turn their attention to the other positions that the team needs to fill. Like I said in my last post, frank and company need to possibly look at releasing a few players but most of all look at filling the glaring need of a styriker that can be a consistent finisher and we need that playmaker that can create opportunities for our fowards. One name that I remembered that actually might make sense to bring in this off season is Gianluca Nijholt. You may remember him from being here earlier this for the coaching staff to have a better look at him. He was part of FC Utrecht in Holland but now currently plays in the Russian Premier League. That can be an option but the I would love to see if they can go out into Eastern Europe and even use the connections formed with other clubs around world to find a young playmaker. This is going to be essential if we are going to challenge the rest of the league next year. Look for more from me within the next couple weeks closer to Thanksgiving as I try to explain why Frank Klopas should work with Sean Johnson on taking long goal kicks this off season.

No comments:

Post a Comment